Criteria for PEINU Betty MacFadyen Recognition Award
Betty MacFadyen was the first Executive Director of the Union, which evolved from a bargaining committee of the Registered Nurses Association of PEI in 1987. She signed the PEI Nurses’ Union first ever Collective Agreement February 23, 1989 and she put forth the first Constitution providing structure to the organization. Betty retired from the Union in 2004.
Deadline for online submission is April 9, 2022.
Who is eligible for this award:
- The candidate must be an active member of PEINU during the year for which the member is nominated;
- The candidate must be recognized as a champion of Nursing issues through their involvement in and contribution to the Union.
Who can nominate candidates:
- Any current member of PEINU may nominate a candidate for this award.
How do you nominate a candidate:
- Nominations are submitted using the online application below.
The announcement of the award recipient:
- The name of the award recipient will be announced at PEINU AGM;
- The PEINU member(s) who nominates the award recipient will be asked to participate in the presentation of the award.
Betty MacFadyen Award Recipients
- 2022 Kathleen MacDonald
- 2021 Joanne Chisholm
- 2019 Robin Dunn
- 2018 Maria Ward
- 2017 Zellah Johnston
- 2016 Marion Flynn
- 2015 Ruth Fall
- 2014 Blair MacDonald
- 2013 Barbara Brookins
- 2012 Sandra MacLean
- 2011 Ann MacEwen
- 2010 Michelle Payne
- 2009 Doreen Wyland
- 2008 Gloria Walsh
- 2007 Patsy MacAusland
- 2006 Margaret Duffy
- 2005 Bill Essery