Criteria for PEINU Betty MacFadyen Recognition Award
Betty MacFadyen was the first Executive Director of the Union, to the Special Committee on Legislative Proposals on October 9, 1987, and retired from the Union 17 years later in 2004. Betty MacFadyen signed the PEI Nurses’ Union first ever Collective Agreement, ratified by 58% of the membership in the General Hospitals and School of Nursing on February 23, 1989.
Deadline for online submission is May 17, 2021.
Who is eligible for this award:
- The candidate must be an active member of PEINU during the year for which the member is nominated;
- The candidate must be recognized as a champion of Nursing issues through their involvement in and contribution to the Union.
Who can nominate candidates:
- Any current member of PEINU may nominate a candidate for this award.
How do you nominate a candidate:
- Nominations are submitted using the online application below.
The announcement of the award recipient:
- The name of the award recipient will be announced at PEINU AGM;
- The PEINU member(s) who nominates the award recipient will be asked to participate in the presentation of the award.
PEINU Betty MacFadyen Recognition Award – Policy VII-10
Please note: Fields indicated with “*” are required and must be completed before form will submit successfully.