Guidelines for Canadian Federation of Nurses Union (CFNU) Bursary
- Any UPEI nursing student currently enrolled in the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program may apply for a $ 1,000.00 CFNU Bursary.
- Applications must be received by the provincial office no later than January 31st of each year. Late or incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
- Applications shall be reviewed and chosen by the Executive of the Union. Preference will be given to those applicants who have not previously received this bursary.
- Only the successful applicant shall be notified on or before May 1st. Presentation of the bursary will be at PEINU’s AGM held in the Spring.
- The essay of the Bursary winner will be made available for reading by the PEINU membership on the website.
Criteria for Eligibility:
To qualify for the CFNU Bursary, the applicant must:
- Be currently enrolled at UPEI in the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program and provide evidence of such enrollment;
- Submit a completed application form, together with a one-thousand (1000) word essay on the value of being a member of a union.