Guidelines for PEI Nurses’ Union Bursary
- All PEINU members are eligible to apply for one of twenty-five (25) $1,000.00 PEINU bursaries. Preference will be given to those applicants who have not previously received a bursary from the Union. Applicants names will be drawn randomly.
- Deadline for application shall be September 30th of each year. Late application or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applications shall be reviewed by the Executive of the Union.
- Only the successful applicant(s) shall be notified prior to being posted to the website
- The course of study must occur within the Union s current fiscal year (January 1st to December 31st).
Criteria for Eligibility:
To qualify for the PEINU Bursary, the applicant must:
- Be a member of the Union.
- At the time of application, provide evidence of current enrollment, provided by the registrar of a post-secondary institution, including proof of payment, into an approved program of study at the community college or university level in the nursing health field on a full or part-time basis or CNA certification program. Acceptance letters alone will not satisfy proof of enrollment.