We have finally received direction from HPEI on the roll out of the first retention incentive ($3500). The purpose of this program is to provide an incentive for RNs and NPs to remain working with HPEI for the next year.
Details are as follows:
- Online application process opened late on November 23/22
- Full time and Part time RNs are eligible to apply for incentive
- Casual RNs and NPs are eligible, provided they work at least 975 hours during the term of the program
- Retention Incentive of $3500 is available and will be pro-rated based on your permanent position guarantee
- If you work full time hours (1950 hrs) during the program term, you are eligible for the full $3500 incentive
- Part time RNs and NPs who work a higher percentage than their guarantee will be entitled to a reconciliation of their incentive amount during the payout of the second installment and at the end of the program term. If a part time RN/NP works full time during the term, they will receive the entire $3500 incentive by the end of the term.
- Term for return to service is Sept 4/22- Sept 3/23 (if hired on or before that date)
- If application submitted before December 6/22, the first installment payment will be on Dec 22nd pay
- Second payment will be made in March 2023
- Term for return to service of January 8/23- January 7/24 (if hired between Sept 5/22-Dec 31/22
- First installment will be in January 2023
- Second installment will be made in July 2023
- Employees on leave (sick leave, compassionate leave, injury on duty, etc) are still eligible to apply, but the incentive would be pro-rated based on the hours worked during the term of the program.
- The Union did request a separate check for the incentive, but since this is a taxable benefit (at a different rate than your salary), the impact is the same on your overall payout.
Please read the “Return to service” that is now available on- line @ https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/en/service/nurse-retention-incentive-program
We are still waiting for details on the implementation of the Priority and Retirement Incentives.